CardGate.net is committed to protecting your personal information. We recognise that your privacy is very important to you and that you have a right to control your personal information. The following policies govern how CardGate.net will use and safeguard your privacy.
Collecting information about you
Cardgate.net will collect, monitor and store any information transmitted to us via the internet so that we may:
- Meet our legal requirements;
- provide you with the service that you have requested;
- protect the rights and property of CardGate.net, any CardGate.net customer, or any member of the public;
- track and monitor suspected fraudulent activity.
You may provide Cardgate.net with information directly, such as completing registration forms, newsletter/e-mail subscription lists or identifying yourself when using particular services. The amount and type of information collected depends upon the services used. The only personal information collected is what is transmitted to us.
Our web and transaction servers log for statistical and anti-fraud purposes, as a minimum, the following information which is provided by your browser and internet service provider:
- the type of browsers and operating system you are using;
- the IP address used;
- the address of the referring site;
- the date and time of the visit; and
- the address of the information accessed or downloaded.
- Other state data (eg web cookies)
Our e-mail servers log, as a minimum, the following information:
- sender and recipient's e-mail address
- date and time of transmission
- subject, content, size and unique message identification
In addition, the content of e-mail messages and attachments are checked for viruses.
CardGate.net will not send you unsolicited advertising e-mail without first asking whether you wish to receive promotional information. This is commonly referred to as "opt-in subscription". If you no longer wish to receive promotional information you may remove your name from the list by either following the removal instructions or e-mailing us requesting to be removed from the mailing list.
Links to other web-sites/Host Services
CardGate.net provides links to other web sites and additionally we host content for CardGate.net clients. CardGate.net is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these sites or pages.
Trusted Third Parties
Using and disclosing your personal information
CardGate.net will not use or disclose any information about you to non-trusted third parties without your consent unless:
- required to by law.
- we believe it necessary to provide you with a service you have requested.
- to protect the rights and property of CardGate, any CardGate customer, or any member of the public.
- We suspect fraudulent activity
We know that providing personal information is an act of trust that CardGate.net takes seriously. We will not disclose your personal information to any non-trusted third parties without your written consent.
Storage and Security of your personal information
CardGate will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you and to keep this information accurate. Your information is stored on secured servers that are protected in controlled facilities. Our employees are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by CardGate.net. However, CardGate.net will not be held accountable for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information. You can assist by ensuring the confidentiality of any passwords and accounts is maintained.
What to do if you have a problem or question
Further information on privacy
For more information about privacy and protecting your privacy in Australia, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's web site.
Updated: Tuesday, 17-May-2005 13:15:04 AEST